Aug 19, 2016
The Firefly episode "Jaynestown" is on my mind right now due to my long hours of podcast listening driving to and from GenCon. It has me thinking about how I can be a better musician and podcaster. As well as how to better reach my target audience.
It all stems from a quote at the end of "Jaynestown". Malcolm Reynolds tells the befuddled Jayne, "It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of a son of a b***h or another. Ain't about you, Jayne. It's about what they need."
There's so much wisdom in that quote whether your a business trying to find your audience, a politician seeking re-election, or just someone wants to be a better person.
I try my best to think about what you need and want. That's how I'm creating my newest Kickstarter. But it's also how I try to create everything I do, while still balancing it with my creative art.
It's not easy as you'll hear.
You'll also hear my latest news:
- Brobdingnagian Bards show scheduled is up at http://thebards.net/dragoncon/
- Friday, I have a Firefly Drinking Songs Show
- Bards Hobbit Drinking Songs show on Sunday
- Kilted Kings will have a Kickstarter for our new album online soon.
- If you ordered Pirates vs. Dragons Deluxe Package, I will be mailing those out on Monday.
- I was reviewed on Fandomania.com for Celtic Geek music.
- New Celtfather podcast on Jaynestown
- Voice actors wanted for Pirates vs. Dragons Podcast
- Special guests at Johnnie MacCracken's this month is LandLock'd
If you enjoy this podcast, please LIKE and SHARE it. You can also become a Patron and Official Gunn Runner at www.marcgunn.net.